BIO Africa Convention is a conference that incorporates aspects of academic papers, legislation matters, trade matters and innovation support topics. The Convention is organized along four thematic streams, being:
- Health biotech (Pharmaceuticals, Devices, Biologics, Biosimilars etc);
- Agricultural biotech (Crop, Animals and Feed);
- Industrial Biotech (Biofuels, bioremediation, biochemicals and enzymes); and
- Biotech industry cross cutting matters (Funding, IP issues, and entrepreneurship)
The Convention will have the following activities:
- Plenary talks: Keynote speakers from industry, governments and academia on biotech key topics.
- Parallel tracks: Specific topics in health & pharma; agriculture; bio-industrials, funding, IP and entrepreneurship.
- Business Partnering: Enclosed partnering space for delegates to meet with decision makers and company executives from all over the world.
- Exhibitions & Pavilions: Exhibitions and pavilions for countries and companies to showcase their biotech innovations and meetings for technology exchange.
- Satellite workshops: Workshops conducted on the sides of the event on key interesting topics, based stakeholder needs.
- Students & Postdocs Career Fair: A session for prospective employers to meet with students and postdocs.